Monday, November 1, 2010

Santorini, Greece





Ok it was difficult to pick a favorite destination on this amazing vacation with my sweetheart but this is at the top of the list. As you can see in the picture there is a steep cliff up to the top to reach the city and our options were take a cable car up or walk up 600 and some steps or last but not least ride a donkey and of course I couldn't pass up the only chance I have ever had to ride a donkey, and yes this was the stinkiest choice but very fun Jeff had the bigger donkey and it was wearing a metal mouth guard and I soon learned why every time my donkey tried to pass Jeff's it would try to bite my donkey! It was definately an experience. We reached the top in about 20 minutes around 8am. We rented a 4wheeler and headed for the other end of the island, and after stoping at a bakery on the way and eating a very sweet and gooey pastry. We checked out a couple different beaches and found a very nice soft black sand beach where we swam in the ocean and relaxed. Then we sat for lunch at a restaurant right on the beach, and this is where the waiter brought me out a whole fish on my plate which was quite intimidating at first but ended up being the best meal and fish I have ever had mmmmm good little mullet fish. And the beauty of the dark rock cliffs and the white wash buildings is breath taking. I am sure you have seen this island on many movies like Mama Mia and Sisterhood of the Traveling pants are a few.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you actually rode a donkey up the hill? You TOTALLY had the SOTP/MM experience! Not sure I would have been brave enough to eat that fish with its head still on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was such a fun trip! It would be so much fun to ride a donkey.

    ReplyDelete